Job Summary – Responsible for negotiating industry leading national agreements for HealthTrust Europe. Objective is to ensure best in class industry pricing and contract terms and conditions.
Supervisor – Director
Supervises – N/A
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Under general supervision, the Contract Manager is responsible for the sourcing process for their assigned portfolio, including market research, bid preparation, RFI/RFP, contract negotiations, and contract launch. Should a strategy require development, the contract manager will develop with the guidance of their manager.
Supplier Relationship Management:
Oversee supplier relationship during the sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews and review new products/technologies as they arise in assigned categories.
Communicate effectively and efficiently with internal resources:
- Communicate negotiation status and results to internal groups. Audiences include but are not limited to: clinical
operations or board leads, legal, account management, and global sourcing.
- Facilitate conversations with functional team during project kick-off to gather feedback, opinions, and alignment
of resource needs to meet contracting initiative timelines. Functional team includes financial analysts, board
leads, team lead, legal, communications, etc.
- Communicate bid process, negotiation status, agreement on terms, financial proposal concerns and other
matters with supplier.
Collaboration required with functional team throughout sourcing process:
- with legal staff on development and finalisation of contract
- with financial analysts on assessing supplier proposals
- with board leads on meeting with advisory boards
- with contract analysts on product/price loading of awarded agreements
- with portfolio specialists and communications on contract launch/implementation
- with account management in their member-facing duties related to the portfolio
Financial & Operational Goals:
Meet or exceed financial and operational goals established in the annual contracting plan.
Policies & Procedures:
Maintain timely achievement of all assigned sourcing initiatives ensuring activities adhere to all established policies and procedures and standards of business conduct.
- Resolve supplier and/or customer issues, as escalated by Contract Specialists and Buyers.
- Maintain strong customer relationships and build trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding
customer expectations. Customers are internal and external.
- Work with HealthTrust Europe audit team to assist and facilitate engagement and finalisation of audit projects.
Receive guidance from manager, mid-level and senior leaders.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Understanding or aptitude to learn the product categories assigned
Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to create or interpret potentially complex financial models. Must possess an understanding of negotiation strategies and tactics
In-depth understanding of contract term and condition provisions
Excellent oral, written communication skills and presentation skills are required.
Solid knowledge of all MS Office Products
Demonstrated ability to:
- maintain grace under pressure in difficult situations while displaying a high level of professional courtesy
- align internal and external resources to achieve objectives.
- manage complex projects and meet timeline deliverables.
- pay attention to details.
- work effectively as part of a team
- lead resources that may not be directly managed
- comprehend, and interpret complex instructions, proposals, and contract language
- listen and separate ancillary information from the primary content being communicated, ask appropriate
questions to clarify and confirm understanding.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
5+ years of relevant work experience preferred. Ideal candidate will have experience in strategic sourcing and negotiating a variety of contracts.
Relevant work experience includes, but is not limited to:
- strategic sourcing
- contract negotiation
- contract management
- materials management/purchasing
- contracting financial analysis
- supply chain operations
- healthcare knowledge is a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires occasional lifting of papers or boxes. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please do not let that deter you from applying for further roles at HealthTrust Europe.
HealthTrust Europe is an equal opportunities employer, committed to giving all candidates a fair opportunity and experience.