This position is a .NET Software Developer position who will report directly to the Delivery Manager at HealthTrust Europe in Birmingham.
A successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of software patterns, software modelling, secure programming principles, test-driven development or another unit testing methodology, and code standards compliance. In addition, this candidate will have a history of increasing responsibility in a small multi-role team. This position requires a candidate who can analyse business requirements, perform design tasks, construct, test, and implement solutions with minimal supervision. The candidate will also be familiar with agile methodologies.
This candidate will have a track record of participation in successful projects in a fast-paced, mixed team (consultant and employee) environment, joining a small and diverse team working on cutting edge e-procurement systems at an exciting & challenging point for the business, where we look to utilise I.T to further improve efficiency and quality of the contracting processes.
The .NET Software Developer will be required to learn about existing systems and provide on-going technical support for both existing and new applications. The applicant will provide second-level support for existing applications within the group.
The .NET Software Developer must be a highly motivated self-starter, an enthusiastic learner, and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within scheduled timelines.
HealthTrust Europe has been owned and operated by HCA Healthcare since 2011. Headquartered in Edgbaston, Birmingham, we operate nationally as a platform connecting our healthcare provider and supplier communities to improve healthcare.
We offer solutions to manage spend effectively and improve performance, working with both public and private healthcare providers to optimise the use of products and services to identify cost saving opportunities. We leverage our experience, scale and innovation to negotiate best value public and private sector contracts for healthcare providers.
WHY WORK AT HEALTHTRUST EUROPE
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
In the pursuit of our mission, we believe in living by the following values:
COURAGE: We will confront issues—having tough conversations, making bold choices, willing to take reasonable risks and always doing the right thing.
INNOVATION: Our curiosity and drive for excellence combined with our experience and creativity allow us to re- imagine solutions that lead to our clients’ success.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We will demonstrate discipline and a strong work ethic, which is evident through our pride and ownership of our work. We hold ourselves responsible as individuals, as teams and as good stewards of HealthTrust Europe. We keep our word.
ADAPTABILITY: We embrace our changing environment and we maintain a culture that has a rich tradition of transforming itself to meet the challenges of the future.
TRUST: Trust is a foundational element to building a highly effective team. We, as leaders, will choose to trust and assume positive intent and will take care of each other.
We offer you the opportunity to join a thriving organisation; where you can make a difference within your role, take pride in your work and be part of a team that is taking the company into a new and exciting era.
As a valued member of our team you will have access to a wonderful benefits package. There’s a fantastic induction experience, your annual holiday allowance, a contributory pension, and great health related benefits. We also know that everyone is different so we offer additional flexible benefits to suit you and your lifestyle, whether that’s options to purchase additional holidays, high street discounts, dental insurance, gym membership or childcare vouchers.
You’ll also have plenty of chances to get to know your colleagues during fun events, such as pizza days, quizzes, casual dress days and charity fundraising events.
We are committed to the professional and educational development of our employees and offer a program for funding and study leave if you wish to undertake further training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Closely collaborates with team members to successfully execute development initiatives using Agile practices and principles
- Understands Dev-ops participation in efforts to design, develop, deploy, and support software systems
- Integrates new and existing software with existing systems
- Collaborates with Support Analysts, Project Lead, Management and Customers on requirements
- Participates in large-scale development projects involving multiple areas outside of core team
- Designs fit-for-purpose products to ensure products align to the customer’s strategic plans and technology road maps
- Demonstrates value-based decision making and coaches Agile principles across teams
- Understands existing system structure, constraints and deficiencies within product
- Shares knowledge and experience via documentation and communication to contribute to growth of overall team capabilities
- Focuses on customer satisfaction
- Rapidly prototypes and delivers just-in-time solutions
- Participate in requirement refinement and design for solutions
- Gather requirements, designs, constructs and delivers solutions with minimal team interaction
- Constructs unit tests and ensures quality delivery of solutions.
- Tests the applications and websites on different web browsers to ensure a standard user experience for the clients across all platforms.
- Works in an environment with rapidly changing business requirements and priorities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstration of and belief in the Agile mindset
- SOLID principles for Object Oriented Design
- Strong focus on delivering customer value.
- Ability to engineer and build software through multiple languages and tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to work with staff and business.
- Willingness to learn our business domain.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Minimum 3 years’ development experience – required
- 3+ years of engineering, delivering and supporting production software products – required
- 3+ years working with object-oriented design, SQL, and web programming – required
- Delivery of past software systems with documented value – required
- Experience with Agile – Scrum and Domain Driven Design – required
- Experience building micro services – required
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment – preferred
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills while solving a problem and optimizing the overall application.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills while dealing with tough scenarios during coding, development and testing phases.
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please do not let that deter you from applying for further roles at HealthTrust Europe.
HealthTrust Europe is an equal opportunities employer, committed to giving all candidates a fair opportunity and experience.