Job Summary – The Project Manager works independently to plan, monitor, and manage multiple, diverse medium to large projects of high complexity across multiple teams, departments, service centres and client locations that have a direct impact on the organization and are highly visible. The Project Manager will act as a single point of accountability on assigned projects, secure required resources, use PRINCE2 project controls and standards, and ensure on‐time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs. The Project Manager must demonstrate a strong commitment to stakeholder relationships by proactively communicating and taking ownership of risks and issues, and by facilitating effective outcomes in a timely manner.
Moderate to Heavy travel may be required.
Supervisor – Director of Programme Management (HealthTrust UK)
Supervises – May be required to supervise Project Coordinator(s) and/or Project Specialist(s)
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Actively communicate with HCA Healthcare UK facilities, HCA Healthcare UK Division HQ, HealthTrust Europe (Corporate), or other client stakeholders to manager multiple project business owner(s) and team member(s) relationships to accomplish project activities
- Author/facilitate strategic documents such as Project Charters, Education and Communication plans, detailed project plans, and present project updates/presentations to business owners
- Organize project activities into manageable work efforts for team members and determine an effective approach to completing the work, as outlined in project plan
- Proactively identify and manage risks, issues, cross‐project dependencies, and report on project/program status within published schedule
- Identify, manage and monitor completion of deliverables throughout project lifecycle
- Provide management of staff to assure quality of work and integration of team members’ work
- Mentor staff in applying project management controls
- Facilitate decision‐making that is required for progress on the project
- Author/facilitate project implementation documentation including, but not limited to implementation toolkits and migration schedules
- Leads or coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, trouble shooting and people management
- Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule, and cost
- Solves technical and non‐technical problems throughout the life of the project
- Aligning Performance for Success ‐ Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building Strategic Work Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Coaching and Developing Others ‐ Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Customer Focus – Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs
- Facilitating Change – Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive
- Leadership Disposition ‐ Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and dispositions that characterize successful leaders; exhibiting behaviour styles that meet the demands of the leader role.
- Managing Conflict ‐ Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Meeting Leadership ‐ Ensuring that a meeting serves its business objectives while using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods and considering the needs and potential contributions of others.
- Planning and Organizing – Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Organization – stays focused and proactively prioritizes initiatives; determines and effectively manages tasks and resources; schedules with keen ability to multi‐task
- Project Management ‐ takes responsibility and applies PRINCE2 project controls to identify and communicate project scope, goals, project plan, and project progress/performance; leverages resources to ensure projects remain on schedule; ensures high quality. Various Projects may require an Agile approach.
- High Impact Communications ‐ clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicates in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions
- Customer Orientation ‐ establishes and maintains long‐term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Gaining Commitment ‐ uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifies own behaviour to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved
- Contribution to Team Success ‐ seeks opportunities to develop others’ an own ideas; as part of a team, clarifies the current situation, sets standards of excellence and encourages others to take responsibility
- Leadership ‐ manages staff to assure they are meeting individual/group goals and lead project teams toward identified outcomes; subordinates personal goals
- Tactical Execution ‐ effectively manages the project controls of complex processes
- PC Skills – demonstrates expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including Microsoft Project)
- Financial Analysis ‐ displays skills necessary to plan and track project budget performance for assigned projects.
- Decision Making – applies decision making tools and techniques to all projects supported
- Facilitation – facilitates agreement in small to medium groups of people at various organizational levels for purposes of planning, problem solving, or project execution; opens discussions effectively and closes discussions with clear summaries
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 4 plus years of experience with managing multiple projects to successful completion, preferably in healthcare financial services, clinical operations, supply chain, or information systems‐oriented environments
- Minimum 2 years of management experience preferred
- HCA and HCA‐based systems knowledge a plus
- Healthcare operations experience a plus
- PRINCE2 Practitioner essential
- AGILE (SCRUM) PMP
- LEAN certifications preferred, but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye‐hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHA CATEGORY – The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please do not let that deter you from applying for further roles at HealthTrust Europe.
HealthTrust Europe is an equal opportunities employer, committed to giving all candidates a fair opportunity and experience.