HealthTrust Europe is able to provide bespoke contracting solutions for customers requiring pathology Managed Equipment Service Contracts (the “MSCs”). The MSC enables customers to enter into a long-term partnership with an industry leading supplier for the provision of pathology equipment, maintenance, support and associated consumables. We will work in partnership with customers to facilitate an OJEU compliant, negotiated procurement process to ensure delivery of services which meet all requirements and provide innovative solutions for pathology services. The procurement process will take between six to 12 months to deliver.
Bespoke Contract: Contract bespoke to the customer’s requirements, ensuring turnaround times are met, test repertoire is met and increased, and full traceability of the samples is accessible. Negotiated Procedure: Discussion with the bidders allows refinement of the specification and complex requirements can be met fully.
NHS Improvement Support and Business Case Development: HTE can support with business case content and development of the proposal to meet internal and external stakeholder approval, such as NHSi.
Consolidation and Optimisation of Services: Efficient use of premises through potential consolidation of services and optimised use of equipment.
Services supporting ISO 15189 Accreditation: Support the standards laboratories must adhere to in order to achieve ISO 15189 accreditation through assistance in assessment of laboratory competence and by providing support with document collation for inspections.
Performance Monitoring and KPIs: Contract management is integral within the Contract and provides Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which are bespoke and appropriate to the Service. The Supplier can provide evidence of the suitability of the service provided throughout the term of the MES.
End-to-End Support: HTE provide an end-to-end approach through the full process to ensure that requirements are clearly identified and met. Each project is tailored for the requirement of the customer and is supported by HTE’s legal team throughout.
These services can include:
- Pathology Discipline Coverage – Contracts may cover multiple pathology disciplines and a wide repertoire of tests, including, but not limited to the blood sciences (biochemistry, haematology, coagulation, immunology etc.), cellular pathology and microbiology.
- Opportunity for Innovation and Automation – Ability to include automation and other innovative working practices within the MES to maximise efficiencies gained.
- IT Interfacing – the MES facilitates integration of IT systems, both current (Laboratory Information Systems, Data Managers) and new, to allow seamless tracking, visibility and movement of samples throughout the laboratory.
- Multi-Site Service Management – the MES can support laboratory services which are provided across multiple sites, which can enhance the efficiency and savings opportunities for customers.
- Comprehensive Training and Support – the MES provider will provide training and education support to the customer to develop the skills and knowledge of the workforce and enhance the capability of the equipment provided.
- Inventory Management – the MES provider can manage all aspects of the inventory management process, from automatic ordering and re-ordering to quarantine and lot acceptance management.
- Contract Management – Single point of contact for the awarded supplier, ensuring seamless issue resolution and performance monitoring.
- Service and Repairs Support – Dedicated engineer support and seven-day service can be achieved through the MES, ensuring downtime is minimised and reliable turnaround times are attained.
- Business Development Opportunities – support can be provided through partnership with the MES provider to obtain new business and enhance the customer’s commercial offering
Contact the HealthTrust Europe Customer Care team, on 0845 887 5000 or via email@example.com. Alternatively, please contact your Account to log your interest, then the Category Manager will make contact to discuss your requirement.