The HealthTrust Europe (HTE) framework agreement for Payroll Management and HR Service Solutions provides a wide scope to procure a Fully Managed Payroll Service, a Bureau Service or a Hybrid payroll solution.
The agreement also has the option to include HR Supplementary services, providing public sector organisations with the option to enhance back office services that support the pay, pensions and administration of employees locally or for shared services across a region.
The scope of this framework agreement includes ESR compatibility for NHS organisation and wider public sector payroll management services which comprises a variable blend of functions such as Joiners, Permanent Variations, Temporary Variations, Expenses, Overpayments, Underpayments, Leavers, Redundancy, Sickness or Injury, Maternity, Paternity or Adoption, Payroll timetable, Unpaid leave, Absence, Jury service, Financial References, Pensions, Injury Benefit or Death in Service, Third Party Deductions, Salary Sacrifice Schemes, Weekly or Monthly (including payments to bank staff) payroll runs, payroll reconciliation, Attachment of Earnings deductions (AOE) and Service Optimisation.
- Bespoke Services – The framework strategy encourages the providers to assess how they can deliver Payroll Management services more efficiently and effectively. HealthTrust Europe will work with you to ensure all requirements are covered within the upcoming contract.
- Provisions for Digitalisation Solutions – This framework agreement aligns with provisions within the NHSi to move towards a paper light or paper less system, (e.g. using electronic payslips).
- Addition of HR Supplementary services – the option to compliantly include services that Payroll suppliers can provide.
- Option to Direct Award – This framework agreement allows for both Direct Award and Mini Competition. HealthTrust Europe will assist with any discussions and documentation required to ensure a quick and easy route to market.
- Support throughout the lifetime of the contract – HealthTrust Europe provides support throughout the duration of the contract. HealthTrust Europe will hold implementation meetings with Suppliers to ensure an effective and efficient transition and support with contract management processes such as contract reviews and KPI reporting.
- Fully Managed Payroll Service
- Bureau Service
- HR Supplementary Services
South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust Payroll Services
South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust’s (“SWFT”) existing Payroll Service was managed through Electronic Staff Records (“ESR”) as part of the Arden Cluster arrangement on an outsourced model. Due to NHS organisational changes within the cluster the Trust made a business decision to review the provision of their Payroll Service. Mark Higgitt, Head of Procurement at SWFT contacted Gary Snart, Category Specialist at HealthTrust Europe (“HTE”) to ascertain whether the new ESR Compatible Payroll Management Service Framework could be utilised to provide an alternative supplier.
Following initial engagement, it was agreed that HTE would assist the Trust’s project lead, Peter Dillon in managing a competitive process on behalf of the Trust and their collaborative partner George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust (“GEH”), who had similar requirements. A Project Group and Evaluation Panel representing both Trust’s and the incumbent service provider was formed with a view to awarding on a consensus basis.
The Project Group initially reviewed the four awarded suppliers on the HTE Framework to ascertain solutions available and to consider award criteria to achieve a successful outcome. An output based specification and a selection process outlining the Trusts requirements, with quality and price criteria for award was agreed and formalised by HTE in the form of an ITT. The Selection Process was then managed remotely by HTE through the Bravo eTendering Portal with relative support from the Project Group where required for bidder clarifications.
Three of the Four Framework Suppliers submitted offers, all of which generated savings, and each bid was evaluated by the Project Group, two of the bidders were subsequently invited to interview to clarify technical responses and finalise scoring. Following sign off of a Recommendation Report prepared by HTE outlining the evaluation process, a consensus award decision was made to award McKesson Information Solutions the Contract. HTE supported the finalisation of Contract Documents which were signed off by both parties before handing over implementation requirements to McKesson with a projected start date of 1st July.
By engaging with HTE and accessing the Framework the Trust created a savings opportunity of £187,017.80 (exc VAT), subject to strategic changes in-house and repatriation of services, the actual saving realised against their Cost Improvement Programme was reduced. Overall, the Trust achieved good value whilst also delivering a fundamental service provision with appropriate market testing.
For more information, contact our Customer Care Team on 0845 887 5000 or email email@example.com
Contact the HealthTrust Europe Customer Care team, on 0845 887 5000 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please contact your Account to log your interest, then the Category Manager will make contact to discuss your requirement.