UK-based healthcare solutions partner HealthTrust Europe (HTE), today publish their mitigation plan to counter risk from the UK’s proposed exit from the EU to support the continuity of high-quality patient care.
Following a 12-month preparatory period working in partnership with their healthcare providers and suppliers, the mitigation plan includes updated contract terms and conditions, fixed pricing and contractual protections for nearly 300 NHS and commercial health and care providers.
HTE currently works with 148 Acute Hospitals and 140 Non-Acute Sites in the UK, helping them to source the best value products and services to deliver excellent patient care.
Following a review over the past year of the organisation’s readiness to support its customers and suppliers as the UK faces leaving the EU, HTE has prepared a risk mitigation plan to pro-actively evaluate areas that will better ensure customers are supported during a withdrawal.
As a result of the review, HTE has updated its contract terms and conditions in October 2018 which ensure three core benefits for the NHS and commercial health and care providers:
- fixed pricing for the term of the contract with any delivery cost increases being the responsibility of the supplier;
- contractual protection to any risk of late delivery, and
- contract improvements including explicitly excluding “Brexit” as a force majeure event.
HTE has also updated standard contract terms and conditions addressing the supplier’s obligation for continuity of supply of products and services along with compliance to the new GDPR regulations.
Commenting on the mitigation plan and updated contract terms, Chief Executive Officer for HealthTrust Europe, Dennis Robb said:
“It was imperative these steps were taken, and we felt it was our responsibility to provide complete transparency for our customers, suppliers and the wider healthcare community of what we are doing, and that we are here for them during this time of uncertainty.
As part of an international healthcare organisation we can leverage over 50 years of experience and expertise in the face of adversity, we will continue to closely monitor the political and economic landscape and take every step necessary to support our partners in the NHS as well as commercial health and care providers going forward”.
The mitigation plan takes account of official guidance issued by the Department of Health and Social Care, as well as the views of HTE’s supplier community who were consulted in 2018 to assess potential risks to continuity of supply.
HTE runs the industry’s only national committed model Group Purchasing Organisation (GPO) providing a forum for shared best practice and peer discussion. HTE continues to work in partnership with its members to evaluate how this model can best support its partners.
About HealthTrust Europe
- HealthTrust Europe (HTE) is driven by the care and improvement of human life.
- HTE is a trusted solutions partner for public and private health and care providers, helping them to source the best value products and services to deliver excellent patient care.
- HTE’s solutions are patient-centered and clinically led, driving quality, safety, service and price.
- In February 2019, HTE held its inaugural supplier evening; setting out its direction in the face of “Brexit”, to advance supplier engagement and to outline how the company operates as a bridge between healthcare providers and suppliers.
- In the UK, HTE serves 148 acute hospitals and 140 non-acute sites leveraging its circa £1bn purchasing power to negotiate cost saving opportunities and best terms for its members.
- HTE’s model works to alleviate cost pressures across the health sector, by collaborating with product and service suppliers, at no cost to the taxpayer or the NHS.
- HTE has a dedicated Customer Care team and is encouraging health and care providers to contact them by calling 0845 887 5000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for help and assistance.
- For further information contact HTE’s press office at email@example.com or 07415 878 077.